Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My first smartphone -To be decided

Beans

Re: My first smartphone -To be decided

Quote Originally Posted by DaCast View Post
    If I were to have a smartphone, I would go for the Galaxy S3 or an iPhone.
    Both phones are good solid mobiles. Equally as 'good' I would say. So have a look at what works with the Galaxy in Android Play Store and the apps for the iPhone, and decide which would suit your personal needs better.

Beans

According to me galaxy s3 is better than iphone.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Please keep in mind the price range original poster mentioned. S3 and Iphone are out of the question.

This guy comes with GPS and GLONASS:
    http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gala...i8160-4559.php
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by thomasw_lrd View Post
    I had an HTC phone, and I really liked it. I believe it was the Inspire 4G. It was a little buggy, but I never was sure if it was Android or HTC's interpretation thereof. Everything worked well, but occasionally the camera software would crap out, and I would have to restart the phone to get the camera to work.
    Ya, that's Pretty much what you run into with Android phones. Everything is pretty much worked out with a restart and lasts til you get your free upgrade every 2 years or so, depending on your plan.

I got the Evo 4g Design at the moment. Works fine, I used to have Evo 4g. I still use the Evo 4g when I take pics though because I like how they come out.

Had them both for about 2 years. They both work fine and I cracked the hell out of the glass on the Evo 4g. Should be getting my upgrade soon.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

The Android phone I have has issues with 3G sometimes and Winamp like to "crash" but keep on playing until I hit the "force close" button. I've had a coworker mention the same thing happens with the stock app on his S3.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesA View Post
    Does it really matter what OS a phone is running?
    Only if you purchase apps, and any content with OS-specific DRM, since those won't be able to be transferred to a different OS if you decide to switch later on.

FWIW, in our house we have four Android devices and one iPad 2, and I find Android not only much more flexible but also more usable. YMMV.

Beans

I just traded for an Iphone 4S, and I've got to say I don't like the lack of functionality I had with my Android phones, and I hate the small screen. Gonna ebay it and get me a Galaxy Nexus from google.

As was stated earlier. If you like the Lumia, get it. The only reason I wouldn't get one is because Windows 8 is coming in 8 days.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123