Thread: Salvation Prophecy: A Space Epic

Hybrid View

Beans

Wink Salvation Prophecy: A Space Epic

Hi Linux folks,

I'm working on a Linux port of my space epic, called Salvation Prophecy. My Linux skills are a bit rusty, and I still have a lot of work to do. But I've gotten far enough that I figure it's worth a post.

Here's a shot of the game running on Ubuntu:

Salvation Prophecy is a space epic, that involves big space battles, planet-side battles, some strategy at the upper ranks, and a storyline involving an apocalyptic prophecy.

It's single player. You can play one of 4 factions:

Factions: Drone Unity, Free Nations, Salvation, Wyr

Here's a couple more screenshots:

Screenshot: space battle, system Virgo 392

Screenshot: colony invasion, planet Jax

Screenshot: station hangar, mission control room

Screenshot: Alien creatures of planet Alaydro

I started out programming on Linux a long time ago. It's a pleasure to be back working in it again. I like Linux both as an OS and as an ideology, and so this port is important to me.

There's lots more video, screenshots, and feature lists here:
    link: Salvation Prophecy: Steam Greenlight page
    link: Salvation Prophecy website

If you have a steam account, and you're into space games, or just want to support a indie game linux programmer, I'd really appreciate if you up-voted the game on the Greenlight link above (it's free). Getting onto Steam is sort of a life or death thing for an indie team, and I'd love to keep making games like this.

If you have any questions about the game, let me know! I like to talk.
    Last edited by Belopius; October 11th, 2012 at 12:04 AM.

Beans

Re: Salvation Prophecy: A Space Epic

Awesome to the max! Can you give an estimate when it will be available for Linux? If I buy the Windows version of the game now will I be able to get the Linux version without any additional charge after it's released or would I have to buy it separately?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Wwwoooowwww, that looks epic! Character animations could use a little work, but if not for that I would never have placed this as an indie game. It looks great; soooo glad you're taking the time to port it to Linux! With Steam coming to Linux soon this is exactly the kind of thing we need to be seeing to get more attention drawn to the platform. Great work!
    --
    Luke

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Wow, looks very impressive. Can't wait to purchase it sometime in the future!
    Holding a LAN party? Check out LAN Party Mania (detailed LAN information for games)
    http://lanpartymania.com

Beans

Hey JohnstonRotgut, LukeLinux, holastickboy -

Thanks for droppin by to comment, and everybody for the greenlight votes. Keep 'em comin if you can.

JohnstonRotgut - I wish I could tell ya how long, or what sort of windows/linux dual buy options will be available. But I just don't know yet. Distribution stuff isn't fully up to me.

I can say I'm "into it" and working hard - this linux stuff is pretty cool. I'll keep ya posted.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

This looks amazing! The combination of ground action + space fighter action is really cool!