Thread: ubuntu live copy-saving files / retrieve

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 8.04 Hardy Heron

ubuntu live copy-saving files / retrieve

Hi newbie here, is it possible to set the live copy (in my SSD portable) in such a way that files saved when I used the live copy will be accessible to continue what I’m doing? For example I'm working with my spreadsheets/word documents but I don't want to carry with me my computer but I have only my ubuntu live copy with me to use it to any computer (thru usb drive). *Thanks in advance

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: ubuntu live copy-saving files / retrieve

Quote Originally Posted by jan0ng View Post
    Hi newbie here, is it possible to set the live copy (in my SSD portable) in such a way that files saved when I used the live copy will be accessible to continue what I’m doing? For example I'm working with my spreadsheets/word documents but I don't want to carry with me my computer but I have only my ubuntu live copy with me to use it to any computer (thru usb drive). *Thanks in advance
    The feature you are looking for is called persistence. If you've created your live USB using the USB creator tool in Ubuntu you can select how much MB's of your USB stick you want to dedicate to persistence. That is one way of doing it that works, but in my experience fails at some point in the long run.

Another option is to create an extra partition on your USB stick. One for your Ubuntu Live environment and the other for your data.
    Never upgrade your working system to the newest release without thorough testing on the actual hardware you will be running it on.
    Never perform a system update in a live session
    Installed Ubuntu Touch 1.0 on my Nexus 7. And loving it!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: ubuntu live copy-saving files / retrieve

^^Thank you for that information.. I'll do that