Thread: CA certificate??

Hybrid View

Beans

Unhappy CA certificate??

Hello Everyone!

I have ubuntu 11.04 and I've been trying to connect to my university's wifi but it asks for a CA certificate( which is a .pem, .arm, .der file extension type) and I don't know how or where to get one. I mean, I downloaded two different types. One is a GeoTrust and another is an Equifax but I tried using both and it still will not allow me to connect.
    I'm wondering if anyone can help me out? thanks! :] I'm pretty much a noob to ubuntu and linux.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: CA certificate??

I don't know how much help this will be, but when I was in school, I had to follow the directions here to get onto my university's network. The specifics for your university may be different, so you should probably see if there's a Linux Users' Group (or something similar) there.
    Jane, stop this crazy thing!

Beans
    Hidden!

I have no experience with this, but got some forum hits that may help

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1325431

Found that here

http://www.googlubuntu.com/results/?...Search&lang=en

Beans

mwurch

I suspect your University will have an IT department with people happy to help. I sometimes had problems with email here using Ubuntu 12.04 - it worked once in Firefox then kept jumping into some silly MSN email thing. The IT department had people who had played with Linux before and spent about an hour getting the email to transfer another email I had. Now it works fine. Perhaps your University has people equally as helpful? Although this University supports Windows and Mac, they are quite happy to have a go at any other OS!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Is the file at the following location on your computer?

Code:
    /etc/ssl/certs