Thread: Network Settings

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Network Settings

I don't know if this is the correct forum. The network settings window that comes up is somewhat unhelpful in terms of identifying the connections.
    I have two ethernet cards with connections to two different networks, and a wireless card with a connection to another network.
    Regularly I lose my internet connection, or have a power outage requiring a good deal of work to restore the system.
    For troubleshooting purposes the present method is a little confusing.
    In the pop up settings window the wired connections do not identify the card except by a hardware address that is not helpful, and if the connection is down there is no ip address either.
    In setting up there is the ability to name the wired connection. It would be useful if the name of the connection appeared alongside the symbol in the network settings window.
    In a like manner, it would also help if the tray symbol for the network connection had the connection name only and not the card serial number as well.

Theo

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Re: Network Settings

Not an Ubuntu Application Development forum thread.

Moved to Networking & Wireless

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.