Thread: System restart while Updates

Beans

Red face System restart while Updates

Hi all i have installed ubuntu 10.10 an then i have updated to 11.04 and while updating the system got restarted and now when i run my pc i am getting just a desktop icon and i cant access anything i did not even see the desktop. what should i now. do i need to re install the ubuntu again.

Cheers,
    Hanish

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: System restart while Updates

Can you press Ctrl-Alt=F1 (2, 3, ...) and see if you can log into the system. If you can login, it may be possible to finish the upgrade.

Beans

i am getting the blank screen with a mouse pointer. Y this problem with ubuntu. y does this happen only with ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Try logging into Classic Ubuntu Just to see what happens. Unity became default on 11.04 so if Classic works it my be a Unity problem.

A restart prompt usually when all updates/ upgrades have been installed . 11.04 reached end of life this month so if you do a fresh installation of 12.04 it has support for 5 years. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

Unhappy Re: System restart while Updates

you mean to say i should not install 11.04 it is better to go 12.and i have reinstalled the ubuntu and i found in my win7 i can access wired net but not in ubuntu i don't understand what is the problem.