Thread: ATI TV-out?

Beans

ATI TV-out?

Hello,

Yesterday I just tried to connect my ancient ATI radeon 9550 video card to a ancient TV with a S-video cable and voila - it worked. I had a an extension of my desktop on my TV which is super for full-screen movies... but...

I need to move/adjust the screen on the TV 1cm (half an inch) to the left. How can I do that (without need to study IT for 5 years )?

I am using the open driver and Ubuntu 12.04

Good day to all

Beans

Re: ATI TV-out?

Anyone...?

Beans

After preinstall of the Ubuntu 12.04 now TV-out is not working at all.
    It only shows blank(black) screen. It worked before and there should be a way to make it work again.

So can someone show me an example of Xorg.conf for Ati 9550 and TV out. Or point me to understandable manual about Xorg configuration. It must be something in the settings.

Thanks.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by haaho View Post
    Hello,

Yesterday I just tried to connect my ancient ATI radeon 9550 video card to a ancient TV with a S-video cable and voila - it worked. I had a an extension of my desktop on my TV which is super for full-screen movies... but...

I need to move/adjust the screen on the TV 1cm (half an inch) to the left. How can I do that (without need to study IT for 5 years )?

I am using the open driver and Ubuntu 12.04

Good day to all
    Ancient TVs had horizontal and vertical adjustments in the back. If you turn the horizontal adjustment back and forth the picture should move left and right.

Ancient Polydorus

Beans

Well, it's not that old

I remembered, that when tv-out worked, the TV even shoed POST and everything BEFORE OS and drivers, now it is working under Windows (which killing me), but does not show POST anymore. What could be the .... reason for that