Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some of my movies are AC3 others come up as stereo So no sound sometimes

Beans

Re: Some of my movies are AC3 others come up as stereo So no sound sometimes

Oh well its just a front end machine, there is nothing on it anyway so I am just going to reinstall and hope for the best................

Beans

Hey is there a way around the myth tv front end screen that pops up and demands to be filled out before letting you go to the desktop?

Never mind, I hit alt f2 which let me access the drop down menus so I could un-check myth front-end from the boot up list
    Last edited by RTIInstaller; October 11th, 2012 at 04:00 AM.

Beans

The reinstall coupled with the new 210 video card and plughw:1,7 Fixed my audio problems completely

Beans

Red face Re: Some of my movies are AC3 others come up as stereo So no sound sometimes

Set speakers mode in Control Panel - Sounds and Multimedia - Audio - Sound Playback - Advanced. Furthermore, audio card drivers often have their own utilities for switching of speakers configuration. It is necessary to set the proper configuration at both locations - within audio card driver settings and within the Control Panel.For Creative audio card it is necessary to switch off all sound effects and equalizers, otherwise there can be a loss of central/rear channels.SPDIF mode is required only in case of digital connection to external decoder/receiver exist. It is important previously to ensure whether the receiver connected correctly (refer to audio card and receiver documentation).It is necessary to check “SPDIF” box in filter settings to switch the SPDIF mode on.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    software company in bhubaneswar,software companies in bhubaneswar

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

answering post #9
    Code:
    Model    TDP (W)
    GT210    30.5
    GT510    25
    GT520    29.5
    GT430    49
    GT610    29
    GT620    49 (retail)
    (data from wikipedia)
    The GT610 has same shader performance as GT520..

The TDP is the max design dissipation; does not means this is the actual dissipation under normal use.
    The VDPAU decoder only burns 5-10W.
    The OpenGL/shader programs (de-interlace/sharpen etc) burn more.

GT520,610,620 can decode 2 HD streams (stereo).

The GT210 is old junk.
    The GT520 can not run 2xadv. deinterlacer (vector de-interlace).
    The GT610 must be very similar.
    All nVidia cards run at full clock speed if 2 or more monitors are attached.

So the best bottom end low power card is GT610 esp if you do not use TV broadcast for playback.

Beans

Wink Re: Some of my movies are AC3 others come up as stereo So no sound sometimes

Replay gain volume adjustments
    When enabled, XBMC will read the Replay Gain information encoded in your audio files by a program such as MP3Gain and normalize the sound levels accordingly. You have the option of either using track levels or album levels.
    PreAmp Level - Replay gained files
    level in dB - default is 89dB per standard
    PreAmp Level - Non replay gained files
    level in dB - default is 89dB per standard
    Avoid clipping on replay gained files reduce volume of the file if clipping is likely to occur
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website templates

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12