Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wireless not working 12.04 on MBP 1,2

Beans

Re: wireless not working 12.04 on MBP 1,2

Varun -

I did a little more poking around in simple sections - like my wireless setup. The whole time (even while using a wired connection) every 10 - 15 seconds the alert box asking me for my WEP key would keep coming back. Really annoying!
    I went into the connection menu, chose wireless, and then edit. I filled in the WEP key box and clicked save. The connection seemed to hold so I disconnected the wired connection and then unplugged it. So far so good. I'm not going to call it solved yet but it's looking hopeful. I'll restart into the Mac OS and play around a bit and then restart back into Ubuntu and then we'll see.

Dewey

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by deweyo View Post
    I'll restart into the Mac OS and play around a bit and then restart back into Ubuntu and then we'll see.
    ..And I'll eagerly await.

Not to discourage you, but I've seen that stuff like authentication, getting IP from dhcp etc. regarding wireless works better (in fact instantly) if you are simultaneously connected via cable. But once you are wireless-only, same old story. But yes, saving the key in network manager is a good idea (duh, why didn't I ask it before!).
    Varun
    Help others by marking threads as [SOLVED], if they are. (See how)
    Wireless Script | Use Code Tags

Beans

Now that you've brought it up, yes, I do remember having to have a cable connected initially to configure an airport.

Still no problems so I'd say it's solved.

I should have looked into those settings early on and could have saved us both a lot of time - sorry. I'm so used to the Mac upgrades which are about as low stress as you can get. Never had an issue with saving and transferring settings.

I have to say, now that this one issue is fixed, this version appears to be considerably better (faster) than the last two.

Regardless, let me say thank you for all your help. It's much appreciated.

Dewey

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Great news! Please mark thread as 'Solved', if when you're happy it is, from Thread Tools to help others.

If the details are sticking in NM then all should be good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12