Thread: Can no longer do ANYTHING from terminal after trying to install/uninstall JAVA

Threaded View

Beans

Angry Can no longer do ANYTHING from terminal after trying to install JAVA 7

GAWD i hate java.

RESOLVED: Had to install synaptic and reinstall apt, sudo - and im sure i'll have to do that for anything else thats missing... unless someone knows a better way. Boooo JRE you suck.

After trying to put 7 jre on my ubuntu 12.04.1 now i can not do ANYTHING from the terminal - apt-get, reboot, sudo, etc -- uptime does work. all return 'command not found' I just rebuilt my ubuntu on Fri and needed the POS Java for one stupid VPN program that i must have. I am sure it is something like my paths, environment, etc or something, but coming from a win background I am not sure how to fix in UBUNTU - PLEASE HELP.

YUP confirmed that JAVA is the culprite (I hate you java!)

here is output when i tried to remove sudo (was gonna remove/add see if it fixed it)

Here is the output:
    installArchives() failed: (Reading database ...
    dpkg: warning: files list file for package `oracle-java7-installer' missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.

....and please for the love of god don't ever develop anything on an O/S that requires the JRE, it kills babies.
    Last edited by sendittokeith; October 8th, 2012 at 03:29 AM.