Thread: RuneScape stuck on logging in.

Beans

RuneScape stuck on logging in.

I'm trying to play RuneScape on Ubuntu, So I've installed icedtea7 which is the browser plugin for java if I'm right. After installing it I was able to get to the login screen but as soon as I try to log in it gets stuck at Loading - please wait. It will not go further than that. Is there anybody who had the same problem and knows how to fix this? Or is there anybody that can give me tips in general. That would be much appreciated.

Beans

Re: RuneScape stuck on logging in.

Noone has an idea?

Beans

That is often caused by the jagexcache getting corrupt(most likely from a slight connection hiccup) so you will have to delete the jagexcache folder located in your home folder, or just open the terminal and type in
    Code:
    rm -rf ~/jagexcache
    the next time the game starts it will redownload the cache which should be fine.

also as a note for the future it would be easier and much faster to just post in the linux thread in the official runescape tech support forums, quite a few linux users there that know the game and the issues you can get and are willing to help

Beans

Hopefully the previous post fixed it, but you could also try it in Chromium(Runescape crashed Firefox in 12.04 when I used to play), or using the Jagex applet.

Beans

I will test these things as soon as I get home. Thanks for responding