Thread: VGA (KVM switch) issue

Beans

VGA (KVM switch) issue

Hi,
    I have problem with ubuntu 12.04, i'm testing some desktops using this platform and sometimes when i plug VGA connector from KVM switch Ubuntu don't recognize monitor and switching it off, on this same unit when i plug DVI everything is working correct. Do you can help me with this kind of issue ?

Beans

Re: VGA (KVM switch) issue

Any ideas ?

Beans

Maybe it's this bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...el/+bug/988290

I'm Erick there. I'm pretty sure it's a 'gnome-screensaver' issue, at least AMSlider verified that switching to 'xscreensaver' worked for him also.

Beans

Is there any possibility to change output signal from DVI to VGA ? I've tried to change/remove/disable screenserver but it doesn't helped.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Hi kali999.

My first guess is that the Monitor's EDID information is not passing through the KVM.

Depending on you graphic card, it might be possible to obtain the EDID into a file (while the monitor is directly connected), and then hardcode it in your X configuration file.

What graphic card do you have?

Regards.

Beans

like i wrote i use it to test desktops, they are diffrent manufacturer so i can't specify what kind of card is, the most it's intel integrated card but not only.

Beans

I've done this, problem is resolved after adding nomodeset to grub starting line, do anyone know why auto resolution have this issue ? :S
    Last edited by kali999; October 9th, 2012 at 06:36 AM.