Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ubuntu membership application - jingaling

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Ubuntu membership application - jingaling

Thanks Elfy, I totally agree. I am a strong believer in quality is more important than quantity.

I realise that my contributions to the forums aren't as substantial as others who have been members as long as I have. All I ask is to be considered, if it doesn't work out then so be it - I'll just try again in a 6 months when I have more beans.

Jing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hi

Gaining membership through the forums requires a "significant and sustained contribution" to the forums themselves. Gaining Ubuntu membership through the membership boards requires "significant and sustained contributions to Ubuntu".

Since your contributions are wide ranging, you may want to consider applying for membership via the Membership Boards route.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership

Quality of posts, of course, is more important than quantity and there are other things one can do for the forums other than post support threads. This will all be taken into consideration when the Forum Council look at your application.

Good luck.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by jingaling View Post
    Thanks Elfy, I totally agree. I am a strong believer in quality is more important than quantity.

I realise that my contributions to the forums aren't as substantial as others who have been members as long as I have. All I ask is to be considered, if it doesn't work out then so be it - I'll just try again in a 6 months when I have more beans.

Jing
    Welcome

You'll be considered in just the same way as anyone else has and will be of course.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I appreciate the info NothingSpecial. If I'm unsuccessful through the forum council then I will try through the board.

Thanks again.

I am a member of both the Forum Council and Membership Board. You are welcome to apply via either route, but please only try one at a time. Applications are often reviewed before the meeting themselves and it wouldn't be fair to waste peoples time.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Of course not s.fox. I will only process one application at one time. The last thing I want to do is waste anyone's time.

wojox is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans

Good luck jingaling. Enjoying the Ubuntu Feng Shui Decorating

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12