Thread: ubuntu shopping

Beans

ubuntu shopping

Hi, my name is Matt, if that matters, and I'm having troubles getting the goodies that I want for ubuntu. I am very much a novice at this, since I haven't had a pc for about 15 yrs now and just getting started again. I am pretty much of a shut in and get out very little. The only internet access I have is my phone, and can't afford to get the tether necessary from AT&T. The thing I might point out to other newbies that my bright idea of down loading on the phone and copying the zips to the computer for install did not work out well at all. The few chances I've had to be on the internet I've managed to get a few items, but always need some add on that I realised too late to get. I wish not to tell the whole story of my delema as it would take a whole day, although it would probably make a few laugh their back sides off.
    Anyway. I really have liked what I had been doing with this OS and would like to get back to where I was before I totally bungled the whole thing up again. I have tried searching for a full compliment of the ubuntu packages in disc form but the only place I found (and only once did I find it) was from the UK and it sold a whole set of stuff for something like 50 pounds. That's all good, but A,I don't get the currency, and B, I need to be able to send a money order. Couldn't find my way there either.
    Can any one help me with a place that I might mail order stuff to my hearts content?
    I would be most indebted.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: ubuntu shopping

Matt; Hi ! Welcome to the forum.

Do I understand correctly that you require to re-install your operating system?
    If that is the case, here is the official link to download the free .iso . Burn as "image" to cd and there you have it!
    http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

Ihope this helps <==BDQ

Beans
    Hidden!

If your looking for a complete repository (all offered software):

http://www.osdisc.com/cgi-bin/view.c...s/linux/ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hi Matt,

I think what your saying is that you don't have a reliable internet connection and therefore can't download the full Ubuntu ISO image. Therefore you would like a CD. Is that correct?

If so, you can buy the CD's from Canonical (the company who make Ubuntu) and they will ship them too you (link below). If this is too much, or if you don't have the internet connection to even do this then send me a PM (private message) with details of what version you want along with your address and I would be happy to post CD's out to you.

http://shop.canonical.com/index.php?cPath=17

Jing

Beans

Smile Re: ubuntu shopping

Quote Originally Posted by jingaling View Post
    Hi Matt,

I think what your saying is that you don't have a reliable internet connection and therefore can't download the full Ubuntu ISO image. Therefore you would like a CD. Is that correct?

If so, you can buy the CD's from Canonical (the company who make Ubuntu) and they will ship them too you (link below). If this is too much, or if you don't have the internet connection to even do this then send me a PM (private message) with details of what version you want along with your address and I would be happy to post CD's out to you.

http://shop.canonical.com/index.php?cPath=17
    Op
    Jing
    Thanks you guys. Believe ya got me covered with the links