Thread: Need Help! My wireless connection seems capped.

Beans

Need Help! My wireless connection seems capped.

Need Help! I recently installed ubuntu 12.04.1 on a thumb drive. All in all the OS run good but when i unplugged my local network connection and tried to connect my laptop to a wireless router it has a very poor bandwidth, cannot download files because it only speeds up to 30kbps but when i try to put back my connection to local network connection my download speed speeds up to 250kbps.

I also tried downloading to an Windows with another laptop, it seems fine.

Im a newbie about ubuntu. Please Help me.

Sorry for my bad english.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Need Help! My wireless connection seems capped.

Have you tried updating your system while it's wired to the internet?

What wifi card/device are you using?
    Are you using the ubuntu driver or the windows driver via ndiswrapper?

Beans

Angry Re: Need Help! My network manager delete ...how to fix

hi friends;
    i have made a big misteck, my gnome network manager deleted by me, and now no internet connection on my ubuntu 12.04 [64 bit],very sad this time..... plz help me how to fix it again.[i have only samsung galaxy ace and nokia c1 01 for net use in windows xp; no wi fi, no ethernet, no cable net]

Beans

Re: Need Help! My network manager delete ...how to fix

The most convenient way that you can follow to install network-manager back is to install it in the livecd, if you have one.

Insert livecd and boot it, and connect to internet. (If you can not, there is a problem with your network)

open gnome-terminal, type in following commands
    Code:
    sudo fdisk -l
    This one lists your partitions, find out the partition number of your root partition, which should be flagged with 'linux 83 '. In the following part I suppose it's 'sda5'
    Code:
    sudo mount /dev/sda5 /mnt
    This one mounts your root partition to /mnt
    Code:
    sudo chroot /mnt
    This one chroot current / from the livecd root to your physical system
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install network-manager
    You may also need to install several other relative packages. Then exit gnome-terminal and reboot. Your network-manager is back.

Or else, you have to use command line to establish a wireless connection. I never type that myself, you need more googling.

Quote Originally Posted by patilsb View Post
    hi friends;
    i have made a big misteck, my gnome network manager deleted by me, and now no internet connection on my ubuntu 12.04 [64 bit],very sad this time..... plz help me how to fix it again.[i have only samsung galaxy ace and nokia c1 01 for net use in windows xp; no wi fi, no ethernet, no cable net]