Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Network printing problems

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Beans
    17

    Network printing problems

    Hi,

    I have a HP printer connected to a router (USB).
    I can print from Windows 7 and from Ubuntu 10.04 without any problem.
    I can not print from Ubuntu 12.04. Everytime I print I have an error asking if the printer is on at the print queue .

    I tryed everything I know to solve the problem but without sucess
    I'm using IPP protocol

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Athens, Alabama
    Beans
    630
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Network printing problems

    When you set up the printer with your PC did you verify the correct network IP addy for the printer?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Beans
    17

    Re: Network printing problems

    The printer is connected to the router (USB) and works well with Ubuntu 10.04 and win7.
    I only have problems with Ubuntu 12.04, can not print from there.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Athens, Alabama
    Beans
    630
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Network printing problems

    How I have connected my HP printer in the past (multiple PC's/multiple times) was as follows:

    1. Go to printers
    2. Hit Add located below "There are no printers configured yet"
    3. Select Network Printer
    4. Select Find Network Printer
    5. Enter in the IP addy for my printer in the "Enter device URI"
    6. At this point in time it should find your printer and guide you through downloading the correct drivers for your printer.

    Hope this helps you....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Brisbane Australia
    Beans
    131
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Network printing problems

    You can also install HPLIP Tools from he software centre - It has network connected printer discovery and set up

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Athens, Alabama
    Beans
    630
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Network printing problems

    Just wondering if you have been able to get this resolved?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Beans
    17

    Re: Network printing problems

    Quote Originally Posted by daslinkard View Post
    How I have connected my HP printer in the past (multiple PC's/multiple times) was as follows:

    1. Go to printers
    2. Hit Add located below "There are no printers configured yet"
    3. Select Network Printer
    4. Select Find Network Printer
    5. Enter in the IP addy for my printer in the "Enter device URI"
    6. At this point in time it should find your printer and guide you through downloading the correct drivers for your printer.

    Hope this helps you....
    This works in Ubuntu 10.04, in Ubuntu 12.04 does not work

    I will try to find what is happening and will post the results

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Beans
    17

    Re: Network printing problems

    Quote Originally Posted by owise1 View Post
    You can also install HPLIP Tools from he software centre - It has network connected printer discovery and set up

    I will try that

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Athens, Alabama
    Beans
    630
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Network printing problems

    Quote Originally Posted by foxuser View Post
    This works in Ubuntu 10.04, in Ubuntu 12.04 does not work

    I will try to find what is happening and will post the results
    Interesting as 12.04 is what I have on my desktop PC's that are hooked into my HP Network Printer.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Beans
    17

    Re: Network printing problems

    Finally, working!!!

    The cups server in the router is a lower version than Ubuntu 12.04
    The path to the printer needs to be:


    ipp14://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:631/printers/OfficejetJ5700series

    The 14 after the ipp gives the compatibility
    is not possible to see the version installed in the router but I think will be 1.4.x


    Thanks for your help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •