Thread: Speedup Internet in Ubuntu 12.04

Beans

Exclamation Speedup Internet in Ubuntu 12.04

Hi Ubuntu Lovers.. i'm using ubuntu 12.04.. for me my net speed is slow when i'm using ubuntu.. i also have windows 7 in my pc.. comparing 7 in ubuntu net speed is low... how can i increase my net speed? pls help me..
    Last edited by coffeecat; October 2nd, 2012 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Restored default font size.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Speedup Internet in Ubuntu 12.04

Maybe it helps if you disable the IPv6 protocol:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/We...ngSlowIPv6IPv4

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by sampathmca View Post
    Hi Ubuntu Lovers.. i'm using ubuntu 12.04.. for me my net speed is slow when i'm using ubuntu.. i also have windows 7 in my pc.. comparing 7 in ubuntu net speed is low... how can i increase my net speed? pls help me..
    when you say internet? do you mean general browsing? like Facebook, reddit, google etc?

or do you mean torrents and streaming is slower?
    "Those who make peaceful protest impossible make violent revolution inevitable"

Beans

MS Windows and Linux use different network hardware drivers. If you're accessing the same websites, using the same Browser and same version of that Browser, during the same timeframe, the "speed" difference is likely due to driver differences.

I ran into this long ago when I was using a Marvel network chipset. The MS Window speed (using SpeedTest) was much faster than the Ubuntu speed -- both using the same version of Firefox.

I was able to download a compile a new version of the Linux network driver from the Marvel site -- and once I did that, the speed difference all but vanished.
    Ubuntu 15.04 Mate, Mint 17.1; MS Win 8.1, Win10 TP.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans

i'm also using the same browser to browse... but i'm not install any network drivers for ubuntu...

is there any network drivers available?? my browser loads pages using firefox very slow..

give me link to download drivers...

Beans

i'm saying about general browsing like mail,fbook,etc... pages load very slowly....

is any configure method in ubuntu settings or in browser??