Thread: Guayadeque systray icon option greyed out

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Guayadeque systray icon option greyed out

I tried Guayadeque music player. I really like it, but what bugs me very much is that I cannot close it to system tray / indicator area. In preferences, the option is greyed out. Whitelisting with dconf (I tried both 'Guayadeque' and 'guayadeque') didn't help either. Any ideas?

Beans

Re: Guayadeque systray icon option greyed out

should work, did so here on 12.10 which isn't that different than 12.04 in this regard.
    Guayadeque auto enables sound menu support so you should uncheck that option, that will 'ungrey' the close to task bar option - see screen

Do note that the systray icon isn't that good, doesn't have trans background so looks a little out of place (that has to be fixed in source code

And - the sound menu offers some basic controls + choose playlist
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro

Gosh, I must be blind! But your screenshot made me see
    I just saw that I first have to choose 'Activate Task Bar Icon'. Then the 'Close to Task Bar Icon' option is not greyed out anymore.

However, I don't have the option 'Integrate into Sound Menu'. It's already in the sound menu anyway. I'm using v0.35 on Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit. The tray icon should be enabled by default. Because it makes sense anyway. In Ubuntu 12.04+ it enables the app to be minimized to the sound control menu instead of occupying space in the Unity launcher. Just closing it to the sound menu is much more intuitive than having to aim for the minimize button. Only thing I miss is that it would start really maximized, so that the close button is at the very top left.

Thank you very much for your help. It seems I might have finally found an audio player that can satisfy my needs. I liked Clementine too, but it was somehow a bit awkward with this silly colored stripe on the left side which kept distracting me too much. Also, Clementine seems a bit overkill and I don't like that it needs KDE libraries. I like it simple yet orderly and functionwise smart. Guayadeque seems to know the right balance. Only thing I don't like are those 90s photoshop emboss style control buttons, ugh :-/
    However, it works. And I love the function of that smart playlist. It's also very easy to keep track of what's going on. As for how the interface is organized/structured, it's quite good. But first I have to try it a bit more to see if it really fits my habits.

Beans
    Distro

Just found out Guayadeque clutters my music folder with JPG files that it extracts from embedded covers. I don't like software cluttering my personal files behind my back. However, the player is too good to get uninstalled. I always can still delete those JPGs easily by doing a search for jpg, select them all and trash them.
    Last edited by MrsUser; October 5th, 2012 at 12:05 PM.