Code:
    amjad@amjad-HP-PC:~$ sudo apt-get install aptitude
    [sudo] password for amjad: 
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     aptitude : Depends: libapt-pkg4.12 (>= 0.8.16~exp12ubuntu6) but it is not going to be installed
                Depends: libboost-iostreams1.46.1 (>= 1.46.1-1) but it is not going to be installed
                Depends: libcwidget3 but it is not going to be installed
                Depends: libept1.4.12 but it is not going to be installed
                Depends: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1) but it is not going to be installed
                Depends: libncursesw5 (>= 5.6+20070908) but it is not going to be installed
                Depends: libsigc++-2.0-0c2a (>= 2.0.2) but it is not going to be installed
                Depends: libsqlite3-0 (>= 3.6.5) but it is not going to be installed
                Depends: libstdc++6 (>= 4.6) but it is not going to be installed
                Depends: libtinfo5 but it is not going to be installed
                Depends: libxapian22 but it is not going to be installed
                Recommends: sensible-utils but it is not going to be installed
                Recommends: apt-xapian-index but it is not going to be installed
                Recommends: libparse-debianchangelog-perl but it is not going to be installed
     libc6 : Depends: libgcc1 but it is not going to be installed
     tzdata : Depends: debconf (>= 0.5) but it is not going to be installed or
                       debconf-2.0
    E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
    amjad@amjad-HP-PC:~$ sudo aptitude reinstall libc6 tzdata
    sudo: aptitude: command not found
    amjad@amjad-HP-PC:~$

Beans

Re: someone advanced & would use Teamviewer

Quote Originally Posted by cc7gir View Post
    How in the world did you get to this state?
    I know the bad thing I did.
    I'm fresh to Ubuntu .,, I'm using a labtop, I loved it, but I hate the touchpad's functionality , I can NOT click a right click .. so I googled that, and finished with the stupid solution that got me into this situation which is adding a file named :
    "50-synaptics.conf.d" to this location "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"

after that I restarted the system .. and everything was crashed .. I couldn't login ( just black screen) I only could use SUDO (using my password)
    then, I googled how to delete a file using SUDO .. and I did delete this stupid file "50-synaptics.conf.d" .. and then reboot the system .. and this is how I got the red stop button saying :
    Code:
     An error occurred, please run Package Manager from the right-click menu or apt-get in a terminal to see what is wrong. The
         error message was "Error: BrokenCount >0". This usually means that your installed packages have unmet dependencies.
    and that was my story ,, I hope that there would be another solution to reinstalling the system.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Ive got a hour or two that I can burn on debuging and setting up these dependence errors. Send me a pm with teamviewer info. Also if you can click on the link in my signature and sign into that. My name on IRC is bobweaver Just ask for me and I will respond.
    Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority

Beans

THE SOLUTION IS A RE-INSTALLATION (BAD SECTORS IN THE HARDDRIVE IS THE CAUSE OF THIS MESS) MUCH THANKS FOR 'josephmills'
    AND FOR ALL THE PEOPLE WHO TRIED TO SOLVE MY PROBLEM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123