Thread: Propellerhead Reason 5

Beans

Question Propellerhead Reason 5

Ok so I have a big problem. I just transferred from windows to Ubuntu and now I am unable to re install my reason 5 onto my computer. When I insert the disk in to my drive it is not recognized. I would like to get reason running as soon as possible as I am dying to make some new music. Please if anyone could give me a step by step walk through so that I can get Reason 5 running again. I have purchased the software I have the physical copy of the disk, license number, and registration code its just that Ubuntu will not recognize the disk. What do I do, please help THANKS

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Propellerhead Reason 5

A quick visit to the Propellerhead website shows that Reason is not a Linux app They only offer the program for Windows or Apple. There is no native Linux version, so unless you want to run it in Wine or in a Windows virtual machine, you are out of luck. I'm not at all familiar with music authoring software, but is there a Linux based app that can be substituted?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

gfar; Hi !

Is it that you are attempting to run reason 5 under ubuntu ? No can do ! Sorry but:

The only supported operating systems appears to be Mac and windows.
    just not much else to say ==>BDQ

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I'm just wondering - isn't it possible to run all windows programs with the help of WINE?
    I've got a dictionary that will only work with Wine on my Ubuntu, and I thought it would work for all other Windows programs too.

I know running programs with Wine makes them more unstable than running them within windows, so that might be the reason it's no option for you?

It sucks anyway, I know. Before I knew about Wine I seriously considered going back to Windows because I use the dictionary a lot and it was quite expensive..

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by Noor1101 View Post
    I'm just wondering - isn't it possible to run all windows programs with the help of WINE?
    I've got a dictionary that will only work with Wine on my Ubuntu, and I thought it would work for all other Windows programs too.

I know running programs with Wine makes them more unstable than running them within windows, so that might be the reason it's no option for you?

It sucks anyway, I know. Before I knew about Wine I seriously considered going back to Windows because I use the dictionary a lot and it was quite expensive..
    No, not all. Some will work well (sometimes even better than in Windows), others work to some limits (or with some tweaking), and many will simply fail.

If you really depend on a program made for certain operating system, then that's the OS you should be using.

...and with Wine, always remeber to check the application database at winehq website to see how well the program might work.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Beans

Reason 5 has a Gold rating on WineHQ.
    If you are asking about a problem with your system, make sure to give details about your setup. OTHERWISE, NO ONE CAN HELP YOU.