Thread: HP DeskJet 3054A Drivers??

Beans

Question HP DeskJet 3054A Drivers??

Hello all,
    New to these forums

Ok, I have Windows 7, Ubuntu 10.04, and Backtrack 5 all dual booted together.
    On Windows 7, I installed the Drivers for a Wireless Printer called the HP DeskJet 3054A, which is connected to my WiFi Modem. Everything Printed fine on Windows 7. But since I have dual booted, I am starting to LOVE Ubuntu, so I decided to try and make my printer work on Ubuntu. I went to System > Administation > Printing and tried to install the drivers there but my Printer was not on the list. I tried the drivers for a printer with the closest model number (3320) and when printing the test page, my printer awakes from a sleep and the screen turns on, but nothing happens. I tried printing 2 times and waiting 10+ Minutes, but nothing happened. I was wondering if I installed the .exe file using Wine would it work? Of not, could someone make drivers for it? Or give me a "PPD" file for this printer? Please help this Ubuntu noob

Edit: Also, what are these coffee beans for?!

One more Edit: I no longer have Backtrack 5. Just Ubuntu 10.04 and Windows 7, if that makes a difference...
    Last edited by AndroidICS; October 6th, 2012 at 02:52 AM.

Beans

Re: HP DeskJet 3054A Drivers??

Anyone?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hi,

It is considered reasonable to bump your thread each 24 hours -

Beans are the count of your posts in "Support" forums - not in "Cafe"

bump
    Last edited by BlinkinCat; October 6th, 2012 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Corrected format
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hp do have some good tools to manage their printer products - have a look in the software centre for HPLIP toolbox. You can then use the tool to find the printer on your network and set it up

Beans

Lightbulb Re: HP DeskJet 3054A Drivers??

Quote Originally Posted by owise1 View Post
    Hp do have some good tools to manage their printer products - have a look in the software centre for HPLIP toolbox. You can then use the tool to find the printer on your network and set it up
    I'll try it and see if that works...

Edit: I'm going to try HPLIP Toolbox and djtools from the Ubuntu Software Center, If those don't what what do you guys suggest I do??
    Last edited by AndroidICS; October 6th, 2012 at 09:28 PM.

Beans

TY owise1!!!! I now have my printer up and running!!!

Now, I have a question regarding my old Backtack 5 partitions, where should I post it??