Thread: bootable usb doesn't work

Beans

Red face bootable usb doesn't work

I made a bootable usb stick for installing ubuntu 12.10 and when i run it, it keeps loading on the "prepare for installing ubuntu 12.10" screen. Everything is okay, i checked the md5sum, mij laptop has wi-fi and he is plugged in...

dino99 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: bootable usb doesn't work

so what is exactly not working ? How have you made that bootable stick ? How is it formatted ? Which tool has been used ?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dino99 View Post
    so what is exactly not working ? How have you made that bootable stick ? How is it formatted ? Which tool has been used ?
    Well, i made it with the startup disk creator program of ubuntu, but when i use it to install ubuntu it stucks on the 'prepare for ubuntu 12.10 installation' screen, i tried 32-bit version and 64, it keeps stuck and i also checked the md5sum...

Beans

Well I can't even get that far. Every-time I try to make a bootable flash-drive and attempt to boot it up, I get a black screen with white text saying boot error.

Beans

Thats probably the computer that doesn't support usb booting, you should try to burn the iso on a dvd and then boot it.