Thread: Unable to print after upgrading to 12.04.1

Hybrid View

Beans

Unable to print after upgrading to 12.04.1

I am unable to get print outs from my canon laser-jet LBP2900B after upgrading from 10.04 to 12.04.1. I open a pdf doc with evince and go to print option and the printer does not respond but on terminal receive a message:
    Code:
    WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /tmp/keyring-KULIR9/pkcs11: No such file or directory
    If I check process status, it says "processing" but it is unusual to take so much time to process just one text page of a few kilobytes. What should I do?

Beans

Re: Unable to print after upgrading to 12.04.1

Another issue comes to my mind is that my ubuntu 12.04 is not a fresh install, I upgraded from 10.04 and not sure what to expect about behaviour of LBP2900B here. The page https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ca..._12.04_Install gives instruction for fresh installation of ubuntu but does not explicitly state about upgraded ubuntu. The previous driver was downloaded from raducotescu site (one can search on web).
    Further the keyring issue seems to be related to security matters. So it seems appropriate solution may not be easy to find. Waiting for some suggestion.