Thread: Forcing a program (Tux Maths) to run on one display

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Forcing a program (Tux Maths) to run on one display

Hi,

My kids really like playing Tux Maths. But we have two monitors, and instructions appear right slap, bang in the middle - making them difficult to see.

Can anyone tell me how to force a program to run only on one monitor? I can't see any settings in Tux Maths itself.

Cheers

kwinsw

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Forcing a program (Tux Maths) to run on one display

Quote Originally Posted by kwinsw View Post
    Hi,

My kids really like playing Tux Maths. But we have two monitors, and instructions appear right slap, bang in the middle - making them difficult to see.

Can anyone tell me how to force a program to run only on one monitor? I can't see any settings in Tux Maths itself.

Cheers

kwinsw
    don't think there is a way, as a work around is needed to stop full screen flash from doing the same in chrome...
    "Those who make peaceful protest impossible make violent revolution inevitable"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I don't think it is possible either. I have seen that a few times with various things. The only way I know is to drag the text box across to one or the other by hand after it appears.
    Michael

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Cheers both, at very least that's stopped me wasting any more time breaking my head over it.

I'll find a workaround. If worst comes to worst, I'll install Ubuntu in a VMWare machine on a Windows PC. Bit of a faff, but he does love Tux Maths.

Thanks again!