Thread: Does 1080p (flash) video run perfectly on a Pentium 4 2.8 GHz CPU with 1 GB RAM?

Hybrid View

Beans

Does 1080p (flash) video run perfectly on a Pentium 4 2.8 GHz CPU with 1 GB RAM?

My mom wants to be able to watch high-definition videos (most importantly flash videos) and her current 903 MHz Pentium 3 computer (with 384 MB RAM) doesn't cut it so, I was hoping someone could tell me whether it would work perfectly or not before I buy it. By perfectly, I mean at least 30 frames per second with 1080p video.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
    Apps for Ubuntu (outdated) ---> http://cid-23a283fc1010a1bb.skydrive...%20Wine|6?uc=1
    Use Mnemosyne to Study for School!

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Does 1080p (flash) video run perfectly on a Pentium 4 2.8 GHz CPU with 1 GB RAM?

I run flash video's / youtube video's directly from the internet on my flatscreen tv using a P4 3.0GHZ with 2 gig of ram and onboard GPU. Don't have any problems. I think 1 gig is the minimum nowadays. Best advice: just try it out and see if you encounter any issues.

rai4shu2 is offline Extra Foam Sugar Free Ubuntu
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Does 1080p (flash) video run perfectly on a Pentium 4 2.8 GHz CPU with 1 GB RAM?

For normal video, 1 GB would be plenty. For Flash, I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. Either way, it will need hardware acceleration to get smooth playback. See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VDPAU

Beans

I want to share my experience about linux and i think it will answer your question

On linux flash runs twice as slow opposed to windows, I head Pentium 4 3.0 GHz with 1 GB RAM and gforce 6500 before it exploded from overclocking ir used to run 1080P youtube videos just fine not great you could notice sometimes it would drop frames but not often, but it was running xp and i do not know how would it run under linux

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Chelidze View Post
    On linux flash runs twice as slow opposed to windows,
    but it was running xp and i do not know how would it run under linux

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Statia View Post
    Is that sarcasm ??

I love Gnu/linux/ubuntu but i am not a fan boy and will not defend by telling lies Flash on linux is just massed up

I cannot enter flash have websites with ubuntu just chugs same website on windows + antivirus no problem runs great

Beans

Depends on your OS. 1080p flash runs perfectly on my Pentium 4 PC (3GHz) with 512MB RAM with WinXP installed.