Thread: --verion showing "0.27-pre..."?

Hybrid View

Beans

--verion showing "0.27-pre..."?

With 0.26 being release yesterday, I did an update to my machines (Mythbuntu 12.04) that have been running master (by selecting 0.26 in the Mythbuntu Control Center's Repos panel), hoping to see the "rc2" gone. Now I see that mythbackend --version is showing
    MythTV Version : v0.27-pre-3-g6a7e351
    MythTV Branch : master
    Network Protocol : 75
    Library API : 0.26.20120822-1
    QT Version : 4.8.1
    Is this cause for concern? I haven't changed anything in my repos selection (in fact, the only options are still 0.25/0.26), so I would expect the version to be 0.26.... and the branch to no longer be master.
    Last edited by uncle hammy; October 3rd, 2012 at 09:34 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: --verion showing "0.27-pre..."?

Quote Originally Posted by uncle hammy View Post
    With 0.26 being release yesterday, I did an update to my machines (Mythbuntu 12.04) that have been running master (by selecting 0.26 in the Mythbuntu Control Center's Repos panel), hoping to see the "rc2" gone. Now I see that mythbackend --version is showing

Is this cause for concern? I haven't changed anything in my repos selection (in fact, the only options are still 0.25/0.26), so I would expect the version to be 0.26.... and the branch to no longer be master.
    No cause for concern. 0.26 got released during a 4 week window where it would cause us an issue. There are no db schema differences between 0.26 and 0.27 right now. We've fixed it in the builds, which will be available in the next few hours.

Since there are no schema differences, you'll just need to update as usual to resolve this issue.
    *Don't PM me directly for support, open a new thread
    *Looking for a MythTV quick start guide?

Beans

Re: --verion showing "0.27-pre..."?

Cool, thanks