Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Easy Peasy on Asus 900

Beans

Re: Easy Peasy on Asus 900

Looked up Peppermint and seems like a lite sys. Could be what I need. Don't want anything too complicated nor sys/memory heavy, although I do not store any info on my asus 900. All I use it for is web browse, emails, Utorrents, skype, and streaming music/spotify. All downloaded info (pics, office etc.etc.) will be stored on memory stick or SD card. Asus 900 has SD card slot, so I use that instead of USB most times.
    Will also check into Fuduntu but would be very happy to install if there is a lite version.

Beans

Re: Easy Peasy on Asus 900

I have Easy Peasy, current version, not 2.0alpha, on my eeepc900. It uses about 3.8GB on the 4GB disk. I have put /home on the 16GB disk.
    I have the same problem about updates in that it says that there is insufficient space to install them so I have only updated a few items such as Firefox, Thunderbird and Skype from those on the distribution.
    My main complaint is that the touchpad is very sensitive to tapping and I can find nothing which seems to change that. I have tried a few different touchpad apps. Is there an update to the touchpad driver which might help? It drives me mad when dragging so often invokes an involuntary button press. I now often use an external USB mouse.
    The eeepc900 is a great little unit to take traveling because it is so small and light and resistant to crushing in a suitcase.
    I recently replaced the keyboard because many keys were becoming unreliable. A really easy thing to do and only $17 for the keyboard!

Phil

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123