Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dropped My Phone in Toilet Last Night

Beans

Re: Dropped My Phone in Toilet Last Night

It happened 3 years ago. I switched it off, took out battery and let it dry in Sunlight for whole day. It was good afterwards.

Beans
    Hidden!

Another option is to open it up as much as you dare (even if it's just take the cover off), remove stuff like battery and SIM, and leave it on top of the hot water cylinder overnight.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lisati View Post
    Another option is to open it up as much as you dare (even if it's just take the cover off), remove stuff like battery and SIM, and leave it on top of the hot water cylinder overnight.
    rather not. hoping the rice does the trick. if it doesn't anyone have any suggestions for $100 or less unlocked gsm phones was considering moving to blackberry or something. all i really need is facebook/twitter/gmail/browser. or any carrier that can match straight talks bargain price? really don't want to go with a 2 year contract at $80 a month when i can continue paying $45. then again that galaxy s3 for $100 on contract with sprint sounds damn tempting. just not sure i want to pay $80 a month
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mamamia88 View Post
    oh i thought the alcohol was meant to displace and moisture in the phone.
    It does. I usually just do it for a few minutes, never timed it. I also shake it a bit in the liquid just to make sure I displace any air bubbles.

Beans

If the water has reached the internals even if you get it going again it is going to die in very short time. The less than wafer thin main board will corrode very quickly as will the other components.Your phone condition is terminal.

Check you personal affects insurance your phone maybe covered under that.
    This account is not active.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    If the water has reached the internals even if you get it going again it is going to die in very short time.
    Nah, I don't buy that. 'Fixed' lots of phones like this for people and they live long and prosper. In 2005 I got a brand new samsung sgh x820. It's so light and thin you don't even know it's in your pocket. A few days after getting it we spent half a day jet skiing and wake boarding and I forgot the phone in my pocket, duh. I got it going again and it only died about 4 months ago. Really sad as I loved that phone and they don't make anything like it any more.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

My granddaughter dropped hers in small bit of water and tried the rice trick, hair dryer trick and every other trick on the net she could find. It never did come back to life.

She wished she'd had the warranty trick, the company said that would have fixed it.
    Remember When Double-Dog dare ya's and water balloons were the ultimate weapon?

Beans

well after the alcohol and rice for a little bit it's showing more signs of life. 3 vibrates instead of one and actually got the screen to come on for a little bit. somehow managed to lose the volume buttons in the rice somewhere but oh well if it works that would be great. gonna give it 24 hours before i even try it again.
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Beans

My real life experience of seeing countless dunked phones etc they were nigh on 100% terminal.

If you get it going, get data off it and get a replacement including replacing your SIM and any memory cards that were in your phone, do you want to add loss of data to loss of phone?
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

@mamamia88
    all i really need is facebook/twitter/gmail/browser
    And a cord to tie it on with...?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast