Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dropped My Phone in Toilet Last Night

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Dropped My Phone in Toilet Last Night

Quote Originally Posted by GeForce 9500GT View Post
    I had a colleague who dropped his phone in the toilet too. After letting it dry during the night, the next day he found out that the phone was still working.

But after that, he could only make sh i tty phone calls
    Potty mouth

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

If your electronic device gets soaked i.e coffee on laptop or phone in water, first thing to do is unplugged it ASAP and shut it down and remove power source (battery etc). If you dont, it will fry the components and later on corrode them rendering your device as useful as nothing more than a fancy paperweight.

What you should have done is to expose the device as much as you possibly can and first manually try to dry off the what you CAN reach carefully, and then place it in dry rice and let the moisture get sucked out for at least half a day.
    Once you've done that, reassemble the device and hope for the best.

Do NOT use any hairdryer or radiator or anything of the sort to dry the phone as you will destroy the components.
    They say the pen is mightier than the sword...but Steven Seagal is mightier than the Pen AND the Sword. http://tinyurl.com/ybnsx2w
    Don't have Dropbox or any cloud-hosting yet? Click this -->http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTE1MDE3NzY5

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

This thread is like Groundhog's Day. It's perpetually the day after the OP dropped his phone in the toilet.

Edit: I thought this was the thread from a long time ago where someone was talking about the same thing.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345