Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Changes to forums home page layout.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: Changes to forums home page layout.

Look good.

Thanks for the notification.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mikodo View Post
    Have you tried this search engine:

http://www.googlubuntu.com/

It's great!

I use DuckDuckGo, for other things too, but not all the time.
    No I haven't used it, I've never heard of it before. Is it anything like DDG? It's my understanding that DDG doesn't track your visits and where you go like Google is accused of doing?
    I don't really care because I don't go places that I would want to hide but I don't like the idea of being targeted for spam.
    Last edited by patriot56; October 6th, 2012 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Re-worded original post.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mikodo View Post
    Have you tried this search engine:

http://www.googlubuntu.com/

It's great!

I use DuckDuckGo, for other things too, but not all the time.
    I just checked out googleubuntu.com and it looks pretty amazing. I really like the idea of most all of your favourite Ubuntu flavors in one package, (well, search engine anyhow) that's cool.

Thanks for the introduction.
    Last edited by patriot56; October 5th, 2012 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Had an afterthought and added it.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by patriot56 View Post
    No I haven't used it, I've never heard of it before. Is it anything like DDG? I mean, do they track you like Google is accused of doing?
    I am afraid http://www.googlubuntu.com/ will be tracking us while using it, but I am not sure.

I understand the desire to remain free of being tracked and recorded by Google and sorely miss Sgroogle, for Google searches without being tracked for general web-browsing.

For me, if I do use Googlubuntu to search for a term, like for example "fstab", I don't really care if they keep records of my 'buntu searches. But, each of us have to decide for ourselves, what we are comfortable with.

Regards,

Beans

Thank you. I like it and think it will make the Forums better.

Yeoj

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Looking forwad to the changes - well done!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome

I was wondering why the "Other OS" category was all the way down to the bottom of the forums. Looking forward to the changes, they are well needed and will make the front of the forums much more easier to navigate around to find the correct place for a topic.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

The berries were almost behaving themselves. Changes are all done now.

We're open to comments if there are some constructive ideas out there - but we will not be making wholesale changes to the order we have now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

The new look is quite nice.
    My one thought is looking at it, I noticed the subcategory Placeholder in the community discussions area. What is that? Is it new, or was it something I never paid attention to.

Quote Originally Posted by ojdon View Post
    I was wondering why the "Other OS" category was all the way down to the bottom of the forums. Looking forward to the changes, they are well needed and will make the front of the forums much more easier to navigate around to find the correct place for a topic.
    Why should a section about other os be front and center in a forum dedicated to Ubuntu? Most other os' have their own forums.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by deadflowr View Post
    I noticed the subcategory Placeholder in the community discussions area. What is that?
    Click on it and you will see:

Watch this space!
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast