Hi, I want to test out Unity on Ubuntu and I have looked for ways to solve these problems but couldn't find any.
- The Unity launcher cannot be placed at the bottom. I hate getting horizontal scroll bars on netbooks. (Wasn't unity designed for netbooks in the first place)
- Elements on the dash are oversized, space waster on small screens. It should have a scaling algorithm to show more content on small screens
- The dash can get slow to use and there is a type lag on GMA950. I changed some settings in ccsm and its much better but not perfect regarding the dash.
- Launcher is irritating to use with autohide as it doesn't appear due to sensitivity settings. (Even on the highest sensitivity settings)
- Controls such as wireless management seem dated.
- Lack of an address bar in nautilus, E.g in Dolphin (KDE) and windows explorer when you click at the side of the bread crumbs, you get an address bar where you can type.
- ALT + F2 offers to run commands that don't exist and even saves them in recent history. Krunner is by far more powerful. E.g in Unity I can do ALT + F2 "this-command-does-not-exist" and it allows me to run it. If I do the same with krunner it does not offer to run it nor does it save it in recent history.