Thread: Keyboard Layout

Beans

Keyboard Layout

I have problem with keyboard layout "English (US), English (international AltGr dead keys)". I add it, and all works fine, but when i restart xubuntu 12.04 LTS keyboard layout "English (US), ..." is missing and all keyboard layout settings is set to default.

I need two keyboard layouts: SK, EN (US), but after restart only SK is available. EN not present.

All parameters about keyboard layout works fine, until i restart xubuntu. After restart - all parameters about keyboard layout is set to defaults.

How to add English (US) keyboard layout permanently and all settings about it ?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Keyboard Layout

How do you manage your keyboard layouts? Do you use the Xkb panel plugin? If not, you should. And set the Xfce keyboard settings to use System defaults to avoid conflicts.

Cheers!
    husband@wife$ make sandwich
    Permission denied
    husband@wife$ sudo make sandwich

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by LewisTM View Post
    How do you manage your keyboard layouts? Do you use the Xkb panel plugin? If not, you should. And set the Xfce keyboard settings to use System defaults to avoid conflicts.

Cheers!
    yes, i use standard keyboard layout plugin installed with Xubuntu 12.04 LTS (same as on picture: http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/pan...ce4-xkb-plugin).

I set some settings like on picture (http://goodies.xfce.org/_media/proje...ngs.png?cache=), but after restart xubuntu all settings is default and other keyboard layouts is missing.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

That's a common bug, the plugin crashes and nobody seems to be able to fix it. Did you set your Xfce Keyboard Settings (in Settings Manager) to use System Defaults? Anything else will cause problems.
    husband@wife$ make sandwich
    Permission denied
    husband@wife$ sudo make sandwich

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by LewisTM View Post
    That's a common bug, the plugin crashes and nobody seems to be able to fix it. Did you set your Xfce Keyboard Settings (in Settings Manager) to use System Defaults? Anything else will cause problems.
    Yes, i set it. If i open Xfce Keyboard Settings (in Settings Manager) - plugin start and all keyboard layouts show on panel, but shortcut keys for change keyboard layout is set to "none" (i always need to setup it back to ALT+SHIFT, as before). Same settings not stored.