Thread: Ubuntu Studio Developers!

Beans

Thumbs up Ubuntu Studio Developers!

To the Ubuntu Studio Development Team:

I just wanted to compliment you on a job well done! I've used Ubuntu Studio in the past, off and on, for different multimedia projects. I found it loaded very slowly and was quite buggy and it usually took weeks just to get sound and other basic amenities to work. I've also tried XFCE in the past, I can't say it ever really impressed me and when I heard it was the choice for the latest version I sort of rolled my eyes and expected the worse.

Wow! Was I surprised! It's a beautiful and quite functional layout right out of the box. While I did have to do a few extra steps after installation to get the sound working properly, I was up & running in just a few hours. Previously, I had run into many bugs when copying and pasting files while using a different physical drive, applications froze or crashed, and the overall speed was slow -especially when multitasking. Now it loads about 5x faster than my other distro and can run many more memory intensive applications simultaneously. I was totally blown away!

To top it off, it included Gedit and Nautilus, which most everybody is familiar with. I used to always have a dual boot because Studio was so slow. I only booted to Ubuntu Studio when I needed to work on multimedia. It's so quick now, there is no need to dual boot! When the next version comes out I am going to wipe my drive and use only Ubuntu Studio. And the cool thing is - I can't think of anything that I will feel like I'm missing. Great job! I've always just downloaded distros for free. When the next version comes out I'm buying it to support the Ubuntu Studio project!

Thanks again for all of your hard work making this incredible distro!=D>=D>=D>=D>

Beans

Re: Ubuntu Studio Developers!

I must agree with PcMojo. UbuntuStudio 12.04 is probably the best out of the box experience I've ever had with any Linux distro, and to top it off, it's studio ready. Too sweet!

I do my own aesthetic tweaking, of course. I can't stand the dark colors, (that's the first to go) and other changes, but that's something I expect to do anyway.

XFCE is getting better and better and I applaud you for selecting it. It's definitely my DE of choice these days (although I like MATE and Cinammon as well).

I've installed this on both my pcs now and I get a warm fuzzy knowing this one is LTS. (I can still satisfy my thirst for distro testing easily with VirtualBox).

Seriously, damn good job!=D>

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio

I also want to congratulate to the developers, 12.04 turn out well.
    Also, I want to congratulate on the new website it is really cool.

cheers,

jejeman

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by PcMojo View Post
    To the Ubuntu Studio Development Team:

When the next version comes out I am going to wipe my drive and use only Ubuntu Studio.

Edit Update: When 12.10 came out, I upgraded. It crashed and while there is a partition there, there are no files. Yeah I know, I should have backed up, wiped it clean, installed fresh... etc. I had very few programs or files there, only what came with the original 12.04 install. I really didn't think it would be a problem. So, Tip Of My Hat to all the 12.04 developers; Wag of My Finger to the 12.10 upgrade developers.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Still better to stay on the LTS for production

Upgrading from vanilla Ubuntu Studio 12.04 LTS to 12.10 has not be a problem for me. Maybe did you some unsupported tweaks ?

Anyway, I am a developper of Ubuntu Studio, thanks all for your messages!
    http://blog.ttoine.net - http://ubuntustudio.org - Ubuntu Studio Team Member
    Laptop: Thinkpad T61P + Echo Audiofire 2
    Workstation: AMD A6 based, custom made, with RME HDSP 9652