Thread: logoff item missing from applications menu

Beans

logoff item missing from applications menu

After a recent upgrade from 10.10 to 11.04, my "logoff" menu item went missing. I have to use the command prompt to logoff, reboot or shutdown.

So, it's XFCE and basically, I think I'm looking for where you edit the menu items. I would prefer a gui method, but a config file would be ok if that was the only way.

Interestingly, I was looking for a way to remove it from another machine...and then this happened.

Beans

Re: logoff item missing from applications menu

My box is actually down, so I can't tell you the correct names of the things you got to click.

But you can right-click and add a logoff-button to the task bar instead of the menu. This enables you to log off, restart, etc..

But I believe, the logoff thing is still there in the Applications -> System menu.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Rotak View Post
    My box is actually down, so I can't tell you the correct names of the things you got to click.

But you can right-click and add a logoff-button to the task bar instead of the menu. This enables you to log off, restart, etc..

But I believe, the logoff thing is still there in the Applications -> System menu.
    I appreciate the alternative option, but I'm really wanting the normal logoff menu item put back.

Also, the logoff isn't in the system sub menu.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by davidstoll View Post
    I appreciate the alternative option, but I'm really wanting the normal logoff menu item put back.

Also, the logoff isn't in the system sub menu.
    I usually shutdown or reboot from the options given when exiting mythfrontend, ie pressing <esc> on the remote at the top level menu.

On my system it gives the options to exit mythtv, exit and reboot, exit and shutdown, etc.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nickrout View Post
    I usually shutdown or reboot from the options given when exiting mythfrontend, ie pressing <esc> on the remote at the top level menu.

On my system it gives the options to exit mythtv, exit and reboot, exit and shutdown, etc.
    Another reason I need the actual logoff menu item is because it asks if I want to keep the same window layout when it boots back up. Right now, when it starts, a window is on top of MythTV. I need to reset it....plus I want to know how to remove it for another configuration anyway.