Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wifi adapter lost after installing ndiswrapper

Beans

Re: Wifi adapter lost after installing ndiswrapper

Thanks guys that you are still willing to help me with my other system problems:
    #
    There are three issues:

- if I send my computer to suspend and wake it up again, I get an black screen with three error messages. I can not report them because its just for an instant of time until the gui starts, if the gui starts which is sometimes not sure. When the gui does not start I change to alt+ctrl+F1 and force a reboot.

- another problem, my short cuts are not working like ctrl+alt+D or T, in the system it´s enabled

- last problem which is just a minor problem, if I want to dim my screen through Fn + required key it dims but I don´t get an visual note like it does if I adjust the volume (I did this to achieve the fn key working: Summary:

1. Edit your /etc/default/grub file:
      sudo gedit /etc/default/grub
    2. Add the options "acpi_osi=Linux acpi_backlight=vendor" to the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT line. It should look like this:
      *GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash acpi_osi=Linux acpi_backlight=vendor"*
      original line was:
      *GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"*
    3. Update grub configuration!!!! - do not forget to do this, the configuration change will not be set up if you don't run the next command:
      sudo update-grub

This worked for me after trying a lot of other solutions. I have a HP dv7-6090ef with hybrid graphics Intel/AMD.
    )

Thanks again

By the way I don´t want to bother you with my kind of bad English, I´m still working on it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hi, if your first issue is solved please mark this thread solved and start a new thread for each one of the issue's you still have because you are allowed only one issue per thread.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Wild Man; October 15th, 2012 at 01:22 AM.

Beans

pls close thread, it´s solved

squakie is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

If you go to just above the first post in the thread you will see "Thread Options". You can use this and mark the thread as "Solved".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12