Thread: Battery power duration.

Beans

Battery power duration.

Hi guys!
    I just installed Lubuntu 12.04 And I ''Found'' that it has more power comsuption that it's father, Ubuntu. This shocks me because Lubuntu is supposed to be the most lightweight Ubuntu's family distro.

Maybe i'm a little paranoid, but it's real. I think the applet drains more quickly that the battery applet of Ubuntu (Unity)

-The kernel is the same, I think. It's the kernel that the update installs, 3.2.0-31-generic

What could it be?

TenPlus1 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Smile Re: Battery power duration.

First make sure that you have your video drivers installed for your Ati or Nvidia card so it can properly manage power consumption for the graphics...

Secondly, Lubuntu uses xfce4-power-manager instead of Ubuntu's own gnome-power-manager so it's up to you to set these up for your machine...

Third, if you really think it still uses more power then you can install Jupiter applet which allows you to save even more power, link below:

http://www.webupd8.org/2011/09/jupit...lable-for.html

I have been using Lubuntu on an ancient Compaq m2000 on which the battery is flakey and probably only gives 1hr max, but on Ubuntu itself I could never get past 40 minutes... So it probably depends on supported hardware also...