Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems with Thunderbird

Beans

Re: Problems with Thunderbird

OK, it runs, but I still get the following:

Code:
    ** (thunderbird:26380): WARNING **: Invalid borders specified for theme pixmap:
            /usr/share/themes/Lubuntu-default/gtk-2.0/images/null.png,
    borders don't fit within the image

** (thunderbird:26380): WARNING **: Invalid borders specified for theme pixmap:
            /usr/share/themes/Lubuntu-default/gtk-2.0/images/scrollbar_vertical.png,
    borders don't fit within the image

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by thedoctor81877 View Post
    I have just upgraded from Lubuntu 12.04 to 12.10 beta 1, and now whenever I open Thunderbird,it immediately closes and I have no idea what is going on nor how to fix it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    I'm wondering if this is a bug that you found being that you upgraded to the 12.10 beta 1 version?

Beans

I am not sure, though that is possible. As best I can tell all of my other software works fine. Is there any way to tell, and if so, what can I do -- besides waiting for the full upgrade?

Beans
    Distro

I am not sure, though that is possible. As best I can tell all of my other software works fine. Is there any way to tell, and if so, what can I do -- besides waiting for the full upgrade?
    My question for you now would be if you are using IMAP and if some how that is causing a conflict?

I'm also wondering if you could reset your home folder with .mozilla?

Beans

Please forgive my ignorance, but how do I ascertain if I am using IMAP, and how could I reset my home folder with .mozila?

Beans

OK, I looked and was able to ascertain that I am using IMAP for Thunderbird, but do not know enough for your other comment here.

Beans
    Distro

OK, I looked and was able to ascertain that I am using IMAP for Thunderbird, but do not know enough for your other comment here.
    OK, let's start over here....

First, I want you to completely purge Thunderbird (I believe you have tried this before, right?) After TB has been purged I want you to start the following sudo commands....
    Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mozillateam/thunderbird-stable
    Code:
     sudo apt-get update
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install thunderbird xul-ext-calendar-timezones xul-ext-lightning
    Restart the machine and see if that fixes it....if not, we might need to make a new profile and proceed from there. Let me know!

Beans

I tried everything you mentioned, and upon restarting the machine, and running TB from the terminal, I still get the same problems. Now, when I restarted the machine, the software updater started - though I am not sure if any of the updates are for TB. It is still running, bc the updates are @ 120MB+. BTW, Thanks for all of your help, I really appreciate it!

Beans

The updates are finished, and now TB opens fine (so far w/o crashing!) but in the terminal I still get a BUNCH of error and warning messages (more than before). Should I be worried about these?

Beans
    Distro

I would say that as long as it is functioning properly you should be fine....as long as you are happy with the outcome for this thread....go ahead and mark this as solved once you verify the issue is resolved!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast