Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu GNOME Remix Beta released

Beans

Re: Ubuntu GNOME Remix Beta released

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
    OK, we just got another goodie, Epiphany/Web just got updated to 3.6.0 (webkit 1.10.0), please give it a spin
    Ubuntu now has the most complete and stable Gnome 3.6 AFAIK, great
    Thanks to Jeremy and all other developers involved.
    I don't use Epiphany ......... erm, I have an old bloated 1+ GB .mozilla folder that's been following me around for over a decade

But for sure, once you have gdm working properly (or switch to lightdm) this is the best experience I've had with gnome-shell.

And what really makes it great is that classic + metacity runs just wonderfully on low spec hardware

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hi all
    I'm trying to sum up the bugs in Ubuntu GNOME Remix that's not fixed yet to make some more reports.

• I cannot access 'suspend' or 'hibernate' from the shell menu's
    • The timer/spinner keeps spinning for a while when launching Nautilus from the menu/launcher. (If you look closer in the menu, Nautilus is launched with the '%U' parameter, 'nautilus %U').
      If I launch nautilus from terminal (no %U) or remove %U from the menu, Nautilus just instantly springs into action.

If you have other bugs that need attention please report them here I'll try to se if I can reproduce and make a report on launchpad, or better yet make a bug report on launchpad yourselves.

Lets make this release as stable as possible

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

In Gnome Classic for some reason I've got duplicated top panel, any ideas how to fix.....I don't think it's a "bug"

Hazz

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzabin View Post
    In Gnome Classic for some reason I've got duplicated top panel, any ideas how to fix.....I don't think it's a "bug"

Hazz
    Hi Hazzabin

Means "A panel is covered with an another panel?"
    So check them out now:

1. What number of processes were running as gnome-panel?
    2. Is there anything unexpected "startup applications" to kick gnome-panel off?
    3. /usr/share/gnome-session/sessions/gnome-classic.session is normal?

Generally, gnome-panel must be kicked by gnome-session requirements order like #3 file instead of any kind of startup applications.

4. If unfortunately bottom-panel had been moved to top, then remove it.

Best Regards,
    Tista
    Last edited by tista; October 15th, 2012 at 11:53 AM.
    -- Lazulum Gtk3 theming PPA: "Lazulum" New clean gtk3 theme Project.

Beans

Just a quick question regarding the Gnome 3 and Ricotz PPA's.

Are these PPA's actually discouraged for use with UNR or are they encouraged as to improve the Gnome experience more?

I know there are issues with certain packages but I was earlier under the impression the PPA's are kind of meant to be used almost but now I'm feeling that's not the case?

Beans

Oh and another question, this time regarding GDM:

With KDM and LightDM, the last logged in user is at the login prompt with the password field focused, meaning the user simply has to type the password as soon as they get to login screen.

I noticed using GDM in Kororaa, I had the extra step of having to click the user or press enter, THEN enter the password. An extra step.

On UGR, I can't even press enter, I have to do tab, THEN enter, THEN the password or go to the mouse again to click.
    So up to TWO extra steps. Even when there is only one user.
    I think at the very least there user's password entry should be focused if there is only one user?

Is this behaviour likely to change?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by x-shaney-x View Post
    I think at the very least there user's password entry should be focused if there is only one user?

Is this behaviour likely to change?
    Yes, I believe that's a bug.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by x-shaney-x View Post
    Just a quick question regarding the Gnome 3 and Ricotz PPA's.

Are these PPA's actually discouraged for use with UNR or are they encouraged as to improve the Gnome experience more?

I know there are issues with certain packages but I was earlier under the impression the PPA's are kind of meant to be used almost but now I'm feeling that's not the case?
    You only need the Gnome3 ppa to have a complete Gnome 3.6 experience as it says here.
    You can also see there are a few issues with 'System Settings' that needs attention.
    A separate ubuntu-control-center will not make it into Ubuntu 12.10 but is still a goal for 13.04.
    My install is working just fine with the Gnome3 ppa

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jbicha View Post
    Yes, I believe that's a bug.
    And that's fixed in gnome-shell 3.6.1 which has been uploaded as a Stable Release Update.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jbicha View Post
    And that's fixed in gnome-shell 3.6.1 which has been uploaded as a Stable Release Update.
    Great, I was just about to ask how the status was for Gnome 3.6.1 in Ubuntu, I can strike that from my list now

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast