I've been looking for this over the past week and I haven't found a single good thread on this topic. I've recently migrated from Windows 7 to Ubuntu and have found that wine is working pretty great in order to launch older windows games etc...

What I haven't figured out is that if it's possible to launch apps that I've downloaded from Apple App store (for example for iPad) on Ubuntu Linux? Let's say I have bought a book from Apple App Store for iPad and I want to launch it on my laptop which is running Ubuntu Linux; Is it possible at this point to view the same book from my laptop at all?

I know there's a project called iEmu but it seems to be at quite early stages..

This is purely curiosity on the subject what linux currently can and can not do!

So, how is it? Possible right now? Doable in the future? I'd be interested to read some answers on this topic!

I'm also extremely interested in other crossplatform projects... For example running Android phone apps via emulator on a Linux computer? If anyone shares the same interests with me I hope you could point me in the right direction to learn more about it!