Thread: Installing Humble Bundle games...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Installing Humble Bundle games...

I've never installed games or programmes outside of the software centre before, so how do I install these Humble Bundle games? I got the .deb files (they just open the software centre and install that way) but these others, the ".tar.gz", ".sh" games... how do I install those?
    Thanks ahead of time!
    <(OO<) (^OO^) (>OO)>
    Do the Kirby dance...

Beans

Re: Installing Humble Bundle games...

Quote Originally Posted by Eirreann View Post
    I've never installed games or programmes outside of the software centre before, so how do I install these Humble Bundle games? I got the .deb files (they just open the software centre and install that way) but these others, the ".tar.gz", ".sh" games... how do I install those?
    Thanks ahead of time!
    You can actually install all of the games from the last couple bundles directly through the Software Center, if that's easier for you. Just click on the "Download for Ubuntu" at the top of the download page for whichever bundle you've purchased. That way, you'll also get updates automatically as they become available.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by thatguruguy View Post
    You can actually install all of the games from the last couple bundles directly through the Software Center, if that's easier for you. Just click on the "Download for Ubuntu" at the top of the download page for whichever bundle you've purchased. That way, you'll also get updates automatically as they become available.
    Oh, I see! Thanks!
    <(OO<) (^OO^) (>OO)>
    Do the Kirby dance...

Beans
    Distro

Okay, I've run into a problem here, after installing the game LIMBO; I can't install or uninstall anything else, I get an error message! Details here:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2063704
    PLEASE HELP!
    <(OO<) (^OO^) (>OO)>
    Do the Kirby dance...