Thread: Post links to my blog in the fora

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Post links to my blog in the fora

Dear forum admins and staff,

Now and then I post links to my blog, if I happen to publish there something related to Ubuntu. Most of the time the thread is promptly closed; if I send a PM to the staff it eventually gets re-opened.

What are exactly the rules regarding links to personal blogs? If indeed this is not an acceptable attitude I'll simply stop doing it. These fora are really important to me, so I wouldn't like to compromise my membership.

Thank you for reading.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Post links to my blog in the fora

Hi - this is mostly covered in the spam part of the code of conduct

You are allowed to have links to personal sites in your signature and in your profile, and may post them in threads on occasion (just not often, please) as long as the content of the site linked does not include material that violates this code of conduct and if you are not posting any other form of advertising.
    Depends how often in my opinion, if it's weekly then I'd be concerned, but if it's irregular then that's a whole different thing.

If you mean the recent one - that was already being discussed as the post you did get showed.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    Depends how often in my opinion, if it's weekly then I'd be concerned, but if it's irregular then that's a whole different thing.
    It's irregular, about 2 posts in the last 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    If you mean the recent one - that was already being discussed as the post you did get showed.
    The thread I got showed was closed yesterday, hence I couldn't link my blog post there. Otherwise that's what I would have done.

Thank you.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Ok. The other thread closure will have been the reason your's was

Generally if someone joins - and then immediately posts a link to their blog that might or might not be linux based/ even some copy of some support they read elsewhere then they are likely to get closed as spam.

Beans
    Distro

Ok, I need to be more careful next time I post a link to my blog.

In any case, what was the reason for the closure of the original thread on Amazon?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by lads View Post
    Ok, I need to be more careful next time I post a link to my blog.

In any case, what was the reason for the closure of the original thread on Amazon?
    There has already been a couple of threads on the Amazon issue, that ended badly, even though said issue has been resolved, as an opt out option has been created.