Thread: 12.04 freezes during boot

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Unhappy 12.04 freezes during boot

Hi
    Have a strange problem which I can't find a solution to.

Yesterday evening I booted my new computer with Ubuntu 12.04 and checked some airline tickets, then turned the computer off. Nothing strange, no warnings, or error messages (as far as I know).

This morning I tried to turn it back on but ubuntu froze just before the login screen had finished loading. I saw the graphics and I noticed that it hadn't completely finished loading and I couldn’t move the mouse pointer.

After a giving the computer a few minutes without any change I rebooted it. Now I can't even load the log-in screen. It now freezes somewhere between Grub and the log in screen (Dual boot, windows seems to works).

Any suggestions other than Live-CD->Save Stuff->Clean Install?

The computer is a Fujitsu laptop and I used a Ubuntu windows installer two days ago (new computer) and ran updates so it should be up to date regarding kernel and such.

Cheers!

Cheers

Beans

Re: 12.04 freezes during boot

Can it boot the safe mode option in the grub menu?

If yes, can you check if an update was made to the graphics driver yesterday?
    Intel C2D E7200 || Intel DG33FB mobo || 4 GB RAM || 64 bit Lucid/ Precise Desktops || WD Caviar Black 1TB, Green 2TB; Corsair Force 3 60GB
    Dell U2412M || Palit Sonic GT 240 (OC'd NVidia card) || Logitech Quickcam Connect || Acer 3300U Scanner

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Thanks for quick reply.

In the traditional Grub I would know how to do than, but since this is the first time I've tried the windows installer. There's (to me) a new version of Grub, in which I can't find any such options for the Ubuntu alternative (can find it for windows)

Cheers!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Nasa01 View Post
    Thanks for quick reply.

In the traditional Grub I would know how to do than, but since this is the first time I've tried the windows installer. There's (to me) a new version of Grub, in which I can't find any such options for the Ubuntu alternative (can find it for windows)

Cheers!
    Sorry don't have any experience with the Ubuntu-in-Windows installer (wubi it's called I think?)...
    Intel C2D E7200 || Intel DG33FB mobo || 4 GB RAM || 64 bit Lucid/ Precise Desktops || WD Caviar Black 1TB, Green 2TB; Corsair Force 3 60GB
    Dell U2412M || Palit Sonic GT 240 (OC'd NVidia card) || Logitech Quickcam Connect || Acer 3300U Scanner

Beans

Wink Re: 12.04 freezes during boot

Hi
    Have a strange problem which I can't find a solution to.

Yesterday evening I booted my new computer with Ubuntu 12.04 and checked some airline tickets, then turned the computer off. Nothing strange, no warnings, or error messages (as far as I know).

This morning I tried to turn it back on but ubuntu froze just before the login screen had finished loading. I saw the graphics and I noticed that it hadn't completely finished loading and I couldn’t move the mouse pointer.

After a giving the computer a few minutes without any change I rebooted it. Now I can't even load the log-in screen. It now freezes somewhere between Grub and the log in screen (Dual boot, windows seems to works).

Any suggestions other than Live-CD->Save Stuff->Clean Install?

The computer is a Fujitsu laptop and I used a Ubuntu windows installer two days ago (new computer) and ran updates so it should be up to date regarding kernel and such.

Cheers!

Cheers

well I have met the same situation before, I couldn't find any good solution with this problem, so I just uninstall it from Windows7 and reinstall it again.

I havn't met the same situation till now...

wish someone could give an explaination of such a situation.

Beans

Talking Re: 12.04 freezes during boot

Thanks for quick reply.

Cheers!
    I have tryed the option safeboot but it didn't work then... haha
    My Notebook PC
    CPU : APU E350