Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Looking to upgrade to 12.04.1 LTS, but should I?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Looking to upgrade to 12.04.1 LTS, but should I?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy K View Post
    Yes I got it … I was able to boot the live CD by holding ESC right near the part where you click Delete to get into BIOS…
    Whew! Well done for managing to figure it out. You'll need to write it down somewhere in case you have to do it again in the future and have forgotten!

I'm really digging Bodhi right now because it's so fast. … But I need to know if I can download Ubuntu programs on here.
    I've loaded Bodhi in a VM, and yes, you do have access to the Ubuntu applications. Start Synaptic Package Manager (from Applications > Preferences) to find Rhythmbox and other applications.

… Lubuntu, … just looks much better than Xubuntu.
    That's funny, because most Xubuntu users prefer its looks to Lubuntu! But you must go with your preferences.

Bodhi is quite nice too
    You may not be aware that Bodhi has several appearances from which to choose. I have not used Bodhi except experimentally, so I cannot comment on them.

BTW, if we have answered your question, please mark the thread as solved to help others.
    Last edited by Paddy Landau; October 3rd, 2012 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Extra comment
    Always make regular backups of your data (and test them).
    Visit Full Circle Magazine for beginners and seasoned Linux enthusiasts.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Looking to upgrade to 12.04.1 LTS, but should I?

I did notice you can choose themes right at startup, so that was nice. I might end up going with lubuntu. I might play around with Lubuntu and Bodhi and see which one I should go with.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345