Thread: nvidia driver update built today in 12.04 x-swat/x-updates ppa breaks unity

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

nvidia driver update built today in 12.04 x-swat/x-updates ppa breaks unity

Just a heads up. The new driver built about six hours ago worked ok with gnome classic but caused a problem with unity - no side bar popping up on mouse to left. Ran ppa-purge in the meantime to revert.

Beans
    Distro

Re: nvidia driver update built today in 12.04 x-swat/x-updates ppa breaks unity

After a bit of experimenting it appears that it is just the autohide behaviour that doesn't work. ie if autohide is set then the reveal doesn't work with this version of the driver (nvidia 304.51)

Beans

Same problem here.

Beans

You can use the "Super" key to get by for now and wait/hope for the update/fix come out soon enough.
    This is what I do right now because everything else seems to work normally for me.
    jn

Beans
    Distro

Thanks for the heads up, should have come here first. I to experienced this and reset unity (then, arg, a bunch of compiz stuff) before discovering the super solution.

Beans

Same here. Hoping there is a fix coming.