Thread: Dell Optiplex Graphics Issues

Beans

Dell Optiplex Graphics Issues

Hello,

I've installed Ubuntu 12.05 on a Dell Optiplex GX280 and a GX520.

But, the wording and text appears to look fuzzy, it seems that the graphics card driver isn't working right.

Here's an attached pic:

Can anyone help?

IMG-20120923-00059 by projectkp, on Flickr

Beans

Re: Dell Optiplex Graphics Issues

Hi guys can someone help me out? I have 5 GX280s and 10 GX520s, these are being donated to charity, so I really need the OS working!

Beans

So I just ran all the updates from update manager but the problem still continue s.
    any useful advice?

Beans

I think I have a similar issue with a D630. My graphics issues don't seem to be quite as bad, but I have noticed a few things not displaying correctly. Are you noticing any CPU issues as well?

I'm currently at work but I'll be looking into this more when I get home tonight. I'll let you know if I get it resolved.

Beans

I have some older OptiPlex machines at home I will see what I can find out.

What graphics cards are being used in these machines? I'm assuming embedded graphics probably Intel chipsets?

Beans

I've installed Ubuntu on a Dell Latitude D830 and a D820 (and a Dell something-else-I-can't-remember) and also run a live CD on an Optiplex GX-something and none of them have had that problem. I suggest you look at the keyboard settings. In your menu, where it should say Suspend and Attached Devices, the German double-s character is being used in place of the 'd' character and various other strange characters are also being used. Are you sure you have the right keyboard layout and language chosen?
    Last edited by metilly; October 2nd, 2012 at 06:04 PM.