Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help with Unity and games

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Help with Unity and games

I have a 5670 1g PCI 16 card and use the settings>additional drivers> the second choice.

Used these since day one and haven't had any problems.

Beans

I'm using Acer TimelineX 3820TG laptop and I'm not sure if the problem has something to do with the fact that this laptop has Intel GFX & ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650, and it should switch between them on power saving mode.

On Ubuntu this does not seem to work and Intel GFX is active most of the time (at least that's what the system details say). So I don't know if that's the problem. Does anyone know if there is any way to try change it manually from somewhere on Ubuntu?

Beans

Guys, i found where the problem is. When i switch to integrated Intel graphics (i have hybrid graphics) everything works fine. Unity 3D works, OpenGL acceleration works, but it's integrated, i want to use dedicated graphics... in unity_support_test everything is YES but OpenGL vendor is Intel Sandy Bridge on MESA... I hope new drivers, now in beta, will solve this problem. When i tried install beta drivers, Xorg won't start, so i must wait for release now :/ Well but i hope it will be good in near future

Beans

Okay, i solved this problem. Just install new fglrx drivers, if you have AMD graphics card. And also install 32bit libraries if you have 64bit Ubuntu. Glxgears now showing 700+FPS, before installation it was only <200

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

ok, I just want torchlight to play fullscreen. Im not experiencing anyother problems besides playing it in fullscreen.
    If I use a terminal to switch to metacity it plays in full screen, but no menus apear and i cant get it to switch back to compiz without restarting the computer.
    I was wondering if you would help me make a shell script that will switch to metacity, run torchlight, then switch back to compiz after I exit the game. I tried this with no luck.

Code:
    metacity --replace
    /usr/local/games/Torchlight/Torchlight.bin.x86
    compiz --replace
    I dont know much about makeing shell scripts so im not surprised it didnt work.
    NETWORKED ARTIFICIAL KILLING NOCTURNAL ASSASSINATION KNIGHT

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by naknak987 View Post
    ok, I just want torchlight to play fullscreen. Im not experiencing anyother problems besides playing it in fullscreen.
    If I use a terminal to switch to metacity it plays in full screen, but no menus apear and i cant get it to switch back to compiz without restarting the computer.
    I was wondering if you would help me make a shell script that will switch to metacity, run torchlight, then switch back to compiz after I exit the game. I tried this with no luck.

Code:
    metacity --replace
    /usr/local/games/Torchlight/Torchlight.bin.x86
    compiz --replace
    I dont know much about makeing shell scripts so im not surprised it didnt work.
    You may want to read this.
    If you are asking about a problem with your system, make sure to give details about your setup. OTHERWISE, NO ONE CAN HELP YOU.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Actually that worked perfectly. At first I was like, dang I did that yesterday and it didn't work. But then I remebered I had full screen set to 1 not 0. lol.
    Last edited by naknak987; October 1st, 2012 at 01:14 PM.
    NETWORKED ARTIFICIAL KILLING NOCTURNAL ASSASSINATION KNIGHT

Beans

i have
    intel i3-2120 and a HD7750 and 8GB ram. i can play all games fine in fullscreen from the software center in unity with catalyst 12.8 and 12.9-Beta. the only game that dosent really work is torchlight, but the porter from this game said he will fix it, and upload a working build to the software center once it's done, the only bug that is left is the no-faces bug i think, hope he gets it fixed soon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123