Thread: New Box UP!!

Beans

New Box UP!!

hey gang!!

I applied power to my new U-Box, and VOILLA!! She's up!! I'm using the new box to write this post!!

I did have to push the MEM OK button on the M5A88-M -- the first time. But as soon as I did it accepted the memory and proceeded with POST

I took the default set up -- for now it's fine.

and then it asked me to put a bootable media in the optical drive.

I put in the ISO CD I had made of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64 bit for AMD systems.

This new box had that all loaded and updated while I went out and got the mail

So, I'm a HAPPY CAMPER!!

the performance monitor shows 8GB Ram -- which is what I installed, -- and 4 operational CPUs -- I installed an AMD Phenom II 4 core 3.4 GHz cpu. ( the heat sink was a PITA though ) . and I had trouble getting all the cables arranged neatly inside the case Used a little DUC tape to keep the loose ends tamed

Still to do,-- I'm missing a SATA cable. I had to order extras because the M5A88-M only included 2. But I put in two hard drives ( planning to run RAID0 -- which is supported on the M5A88-M )

and I have to install the wireless adapter yet. right now I'm hooked in using RJ45 cable

more later!!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: New Box UP!!

Congrats! Nothing like the feeling when the new build first POSTs. It must be like the joy a woman feels after childbirth!