Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to send the application abuse?

Beans

Where to send the application abuse?

Administrator closes my topic without adequate reason.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Where to send the application abuse?

Thread moved to Resolution Center.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

You posted a long post requesting help with certain security matters, but your technical questions were preceded by a rambling 12-line account of your concerns about Google, government agencies, and a whole variety of public and private organisations and individuals. The post was jailed and you were told quite clearly to repost without the long emotive preamble. You reposted but with the preamble only slightly shortened. You also cross-posted in another part of the forum linking to the new post. This is not permitted. Both these posts were jailed in accordance with the forum Code of Conduct which I suggest you re-familiarise yourself with.

You were told on each occasion why your posts had been jailed.

If you want help, please post in a succinct way, describing what you want to achieve. Your preamble would put most people off from helping, or worse, might provoke some into posting unhelpful and disrespectful comments.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

I just do not understand what the administrator wants from me.
    If he does not like the sentence, let he fix it or delete it, I do not mind.

But why did he immediately close the topic? Why such a bureaucracy?

Beans

Where to send the application abuse? - this is my question in this thread.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

You are free to post your question in General Help as you did.

You are not free to add the emotive preamble that you did on two seperate occasions.

You are not free to post other threads linking to that one.

Beans

I cut out the emotions.
    Normal now?

Hello!
    Sorry, my english not very good.

Many programs at work collect information about the system and the periphery, and often create a unique id of computer.

Programs can send data about your computer on their servers. Servers of companies and corporations, banks, government agencies or hackers.
    Unique id of computer often stored in files, which are created in proprietary programs (files of various office suites, a program for creating virtual books, and other).
    Information about your computer to collect various clients:
    clients of payment systems, voip-telephony clients, clients of instant messaging and etc.

Google have many a spyware programs. They collect a huge databases of statistics about the users.
    Google Earth, Picasa, Google Talk, Google Chrome... and a lot of different web-services (search engine Google, Gmail, Google translate...).

Google is required by law to provide any data about users to government agencies (FBI,...), to CIA, and even ordinary police.

I want to protect myself from all this.

I need a special program (environment) in which I will run other programs.
    I do not need a virtual machine, because it requires a lot of resources (power processor and more memory).
    The program should not take away computer's resources. And should work on any tablet and weak netbook.
    I just need to layer like Wine.
    I need a program similar to Wine, but for Linux software.

Programs running in this environment will have no real access to resources, they will only see that I show them.

If proprietary software with spyware runs and gets my real Mac-address, the names, options, configs of the computer hardware, receives information about the OS, then all the real information needs to be hidden.

The programs running in this environment also should not have direct access to the storage media (hard drives, flash, ...).

Programs running in this special environment will only see that I show them!

Environment have a GUI, many settings and the different profiles, I can add, delete, and modify profiles.

If I choose the profile "Commodore 64", then the program running in the environment see "Commodore 64" and nothing more.
    If I choose the profile "K computer", then the program see "K computer".
    If I choose "BeOS" or "Amiga" or "Zeta" or "Xbox" or "PlayStation" or "Nintendo" or "Windows 8" or "Windows 3.1" or "Mac" or "Linux v2.4" or "KDE 3.5" or "Gnome 2",... then the program can see only it and nothing more.

But these are specific examples, more often, need just change the configuration of computer, mac-adress, memory size, processor speed, video card, resolution and color depth, the name and version of the system, the name of the computer components ...

Сan select and customize absolutely any hardware configuration and operating system (can choose the operating system and configure them).

But do not forget, it's only cover, visibility, we just show to the programs ephemeral image, but the reality is different.

Once again, this special environment must work very quickly and should not take away computer's resources (it should fly on the tablets). This is one of the top priorities.

Beans

Normal? Yes or not?
    Now a message does not cause negative emotions?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by Autrax View Post
    I cut out the emotions.
    Normal now?
    I will read your latest version, giving it the attention it requires, when I have time. We are all volunteers here and I am busy at the moment. I shall try to attend to this in a couple of hours or so, but it may be longer. Another admin may be able to attend to this before then, but bear in mind we all have other commitments which may take precedence.

I have to say that your actions in the ubuntuforums irc channel do not help. You will have to be patient.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast