Hello all

I am a Digital Forensics student and I use Linux live cds almost daily. I typically install the distros to flash drives for speed reasons so this may be possible after installation, but who knows.

I am using an HP laptop for my forensic examinations. When I boot the live cds/Flash Drives my resolution is crap; 800x600 usually, sometimes lower. I am curious, is it possible to add the driver software for my, or any, video card to the ISO so that it will run when I boot the live cd?

If it is possible, where would the driver need to be located? All the forensic live cds I use are based on some version of Ubuntu. Helix is the one I use the most, it's built on Ubuntu 8.04. I also use Raptor, SIFT, and Backtrack a few times a month because some distros include tools that the others do not.

I'm pretty sure the install script(s) would need to be updated as well to include the additional drivers. I can figure out how to do this if someone could let me know where to find the scripts.

Thanks in advance for the help. I will keep digging through these ISOs to see if I can find anything, and I'll post updates if I figure anything out.