Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LeadTek DTV2000DS Plus not loading drivers

Beans

LeadTek DTV2000DS Plus not loading drivers

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a Leadtek DTV2000DS Plus (dual-tuner PCI) to add to my existing backend, however it does not appear to work at all. Before I bought it, I had read up about the card, and expected it to work fairly easily, however, I later realised that all previous discussion appears to have been about the non-plus version, and I had bought an updated version.

Originally thinking the existing card and new card were conflicting and not wanting to muck around with the working backend too much, I installed the card to an old test machine (~3GHz P4) , and installed a clean version of MythBuntu 12.04.1 32-bit. Currently I find that :

- The 'Additional Drivers' dialogue does not list available DVB drivers or firmware to install (just the typical proprietary graphics drivers)
    - lsusb shows both LeadTek tuners as expected
    - /dev/dvb does not exist

I have tried using the graphical installer located here, which completes OK, but does not work. I have also tried building the V4L-DVB drivers as suggested here on linuxtv.org, which seems to build and install without error, and verifying a copy of the firmware located at /lib/firmware. Rebooting does not load the correct modules, and modprobing them loads them without error, but lsmod tells me they are not being used. Note that most of this was done prior to me realising there was a 'plus' version, and that I had it.

dmesg seems to say nothing about finding the devices, or loading firmware for them, as typically seems to happen with these cards. (often says something like 'found blah in cold state, searching for firmware' or something)

The LeadTek website tells me that this card has the same chipsets (AF9015 + AF9013) as the non-plus version, so I figure that this should still work. I was also wondering if the fact that the device name in lsusb has changed in this model could be the root of these issues? Other posts people have made of various forums seem to suggest it should be either a hex number or the numeral 2. In the case of this card it says 'iProduct 2 WinFast DTV2000 DS Plus'

Please let me know if I explained anything poorly, am asking in the wrong place, am missing something obvious (I work with macs mostly, and am fairly novice with linux) or you require more info.

Also note that I've been carefully shutting down, removing power and cold booting as suggested in other discussions.

Thanks,

-AJuice

PS, here is the lsusb of one of the LeadTek tuners.

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0413:6f12 Leadtek Research, Inc.
    Device Descriptor:
    bLength 18
    bDescriptorType 1
    bcdUSB 2.00
    bDeviceClass 0 (Defined at Interface level)
    bDeviceSubClass 0
    bDeviceProtocol 0
    bMaxPacketSize0 64
    idVendor 0x0413 Leadtek Research, Inc.
    idProduct 0x6f12
    bcdDevice 1.00
    iManufacturer 1 Realtek
    iProduct 2 WinFast DTV2000 DS Plus
    iSerial 0
    bNumConfigurations 1
    Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength 9
    bDescriptorType 2
    wTotalLength 25
    bNumInterfaces 1
    bConfigurationValue 1
    iConfiguration 4 USB2.0-Bulk&Iso
    bmAttributes 0xa0
    (Bus Powered)
    Remote Wakeup
    MaxPower 500mA
    Interface Descriptor:
    bLength 9
    bDescriptorType 4
    bInterfaceNumber 0
    bAlternateSetting 0
    bNumEndpoints 1
    bInterfaceClass 255 Vendor Specific Class
    bInterfaceSubClass 255 Vendor Specific Subclass
    bInterfaceProtocol 255 Vendor Specific Protocol
    iInterface 5 Bulk-In, Interface
    Endpoint Descriptor:
    bLength 7
    bDescriptorType 5
    bEndpointAddress 0x81 EP 1 IN
    bmAttributes 2
    Transfer Type Bulk
    Synch Type None
    Usage Type Data
    wMaxPacketSize 0x0200 1x 512 bytes
    bInterval 0
    Device Qualifier (for other device speed):
    bLength 10
    bDescriptorType 6
    bcdUSB 2.00
    bDeviceClass 0 (Defined at Interface level)
    bDeviceSubClass 0
    bDeviceProtocol 0
    bMaxPacketSize0 64
    bNumConfigurations 2
    Device Status: 0x0000
    (Bus Powered)
    Last edited by AJuice42; September 20th, 2012 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Typos and derps

Beans

Re: LeadTek DTV2000DS Plus not loading drivers

I too have this card
    i mistakenly replaced a dtv2000ds with the dtv2000ds plus and cannot find drivers for this card anywhere
    has anyone got this thing to work in linux? or is it going to ebay

Beans

Did you have any luck tracking down any drivers for this AJuice? Or any solution using other drivers?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ibbz View Post
    Did you have any luck tracking down any drivers for this AJuice? Or any solution using other drivers?
    pretty sure this card is unsupported by linux at present, but the place you really need to look is linuxtv.org wiki.

Beans

Hi There, same problem.

I looked up the card on the linuxtv website and only bought it when I had checked it would work.
    BUT I missed the whole plus thing. (they should have a caveat for that)

First time noob, learning lots about ubuntu/linux/gnu etc but card she no work.

Its funny that MythTv doesn't even create the /dev/dvb directory during the load. is that because it doesn't detect a valid card?

Am I barking up the wrong tree here?

I can try it on win xp, but I hate to admit defeat.

any suggestions?

Beans

Suggestions:

1. If the linuxtv wiki needs changing, then change it! That is what a wiki is all about!

2. Get a supported card

3. Write a driver

Beans

I have just made the same mistake of buying this card thinking it was supported. However, I think the Leadtek website is wrong and it has a different chipset to the non-plus version. It seems to me that it has the Realtek RTL2832U chipset which is partially supported. See the linuxtv wiki. I also suspect that it is very similar to, or possibly a clone of, the Mygica T1800B.

This may mean that it will be possible to get the card working by installing one of the various drivers for the RTL2832U and making it accept the id of the dtv2000ds+. This might be done like this http://www.ha19.no/usb/.

I have made a few changes to the linuxtv wiki to try to help others avoid this problem.
    Last edited by MichaelT40; February 2nd, 2013 at 06:53 AM.

Beans

I have just managed to get this card working in Xubuntu 12.04. See the linuxtv wiki page I just made for it.

Beans

Has anyone had any luck with this card with ubuntu 13.04?

I downloaded, installed and built the driver from the linuxtv site.

Following the advice above I substituted the 6f11 device ID with 6f12. Built and installed the driver.

There only rtl driver I could find from the build was the dvb_usb_rtl128xxu driver so I loaded that module.
    The module loaded but did not provide any new dvb device.

What am I doing wrong? Any thoughts?

Beans

Hi VeitchJ,

A prepatched version of the driver that builds with all latest kernels (and Ubuntu supplied sources) can be found at https://github.com/jaredquinn/DVB-Realtek-RTL2832U

Jared

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast